The process of application for CAT 2022 is essentially a 3-step procedure. Candidates should be aware of the application process so that they do not make any mistakes. Candidates need to have all the documents ready to be uploaded while filling up the CAT 2022 application form. Follow BYJU’S Exam Prep to know more about CAT 2022 applications in detail.
Filling up the application form is not sufficient for CAT exam. You will need to complete the CAT Syllabus 2022 so that your selection can be done. As the syllabus of CAT is tricky, therefore, it is better to begin early preparation for the exam.
- Visit the official website of CAT.
- Click on the ‘Register’ option under the ‘New Candidate Registration’ tab.
- Enter personal and official details like name, date of birth, permanent address, email ID, phone number, etc., as required.
- Click on the tab named ‘Generate OTP’.
- If your registration is successfully done, an OTP will be sent to you on your registered mobile number.
- Verify your registration for CAT by entering the given OTP in the required field.
After the registration and verification process is complete, CAT applicants will be provided with a user ID and a password on their registered phone number and email ID. Candidates must access their application form using their CAT 2022 user ID and password from the official website.
The CAT application form will have five sections. Candidates need to fill in the required details of all the given pages before successful submission. The sections are explained in detail below:
- Personal Details: In this section, applicants must fill in details of their name, date of birth, guardian’s name, nationality, gender, email ID, phone number, etc.
- Academic Details: Candidates are asked to enter their academic qualifications in this section. Academic details will include class 10 and 12 exam scores and details of their bachelor’s degree. Students must also enter information regarding other professional courses.
- Work Experience: CAT aspirants need to fill in details about any relevant work experience with regard to company, work duration, etc.
- Programmes: Candidates must select their choice of IIM institutes in this section, along with the MBA programmes they want to opt for.
- Test City: Candidates are allowed to select their choice of test city. In this section, they shall be given options of six cities in order of preference.
The last step in the CAT registration process is the payment of application fees. After filling and confirming the details in the first five sections, applicants can proceed to the payment window. Modes of payment include credit/debit cards, net banking, or Paytm/mobile wallets.
The application fee for CAT 2022 is as follows:
- General and NC-OBC: INR 2200
- SC, ST, PwD: INR 1100
In order to ace the CAT 2022 exam, candidates must be thoroughly accustomed to the syllabus and exam pattern. Below is a breakdown of the critical topics that students must cover in their CAT exam preparations:
Quantitative Aptitude (QA)
- Time and Work
- Time, Speed, and Distance
- Number System, Basic Arithmetic
- Geometry and Mensuration
- Permutation and Combination
- Profit, Loss, and Discount
- Trigonometry, Logarithms, Sets
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR)
- Graphs Related
- Seating Arrangement and Data Arrangement
- Clocks and Calendars
- Syllogisms and Venn Diagrams
- Blood Relations
- Assumption and Binary Logic
- Tables and Caselets
- Data Sufficiency
Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VARC)
- Para Jumbles
- Odd Sentences
- Reading Comprehension Passages
- Para Summary
- Word Usage (Vocabulary)
- Sentence Completion and Correction
- Fill in the Blanks
CAT 2022 registrations shall be completed when the application form is released. Candidates willing to apply should be aware of the application process and syllabus to avoid any mistakes. If you are looking for a wealth of study resources for CAT 2022, BYJU’S Exam Prep can help you prepare with exam updates, mock tests, and more.